To learn how to think is to learn how to live life in a way that maximizes our efforts and allows us to be much more effective and efficient in our actions. This is how we get into the flow of life and accept the gift of the power of thought that we received when we showed up on this wonderful planet.
“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.”
Think an Learn — The Gift of the Present Moment
All of our power to create resides in the present moment. Whether we create by default or with conscious awareness all is happening right here and right now.
When we are awake within our dream of life we are able to consciously direct our thoughts and efforts. At this point, we learn from our mistakes and thus reduce the likelihood of repeating them.
When we are asleep to our brilliance and who we really are we lack the awareness of just how powerful we are in the present moment, and that everything we experience, whether labeled good or bad, is merely a reflection of our thoughts and beliefs.
“It is through gratitude for the present moment that the spiritual dimension of life opens up.”
The gift of the present moment is so very precious and it reveals our limiting beliefs and perceptions through any resistance that arises within that moment. This is a true gift as what has been brought to the surface no longer runs our lives by default.
We can now “consciously” choose to keep or let those beliefs go. No longer are we held hostage by these ideas about ourselves, others, and the world that may not be serving us well.
Any fear that arises can now be experienced consciously and allowed to flow through and dissipate of its own accord. We now realize the true nothingness of fear and the only power it has is the power we give it by focusing on it instead of letting it go.
Think an Learn about Who We Truly Are
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”
It is quite amazing that we go through life without a full awareness of who we are, our main function or purpose for being here, and the tremendous amount of power that we possess.
In fact, our minds are so powerful that we were able to create a false scenario and act it out on a daily basis pretending that it is real. Now, that does take quite a bit of ingenuity. We have actually managed to put ourselves asleep and create a dream world that is so authentic that we defend it vigorously on a daily basis.
Now, what if we asked ourselves what we could do with this power of our minds by directing it into avenues to create what we most desire rather than what we do not want?
Well, first we need to change things around a bit, especially when it comes to our thought process. This is a process of “undoing” what we have learned that is not beneficial so that we can think and learn in a way that creates the life that we truly desire.
Let’s begin by recognizing who we truly are rather than pretending to be a victim of circumstances that we cannot control. We are part of an energy source with universal implications and how we use that energy is reflected in our daily lives not only by the results we get but by the level of joy and happiness we possess.
In truth, we are spiritual beings who have dozed off a bit and now are in the process of waking up. We have brainwashed ourselves to such an extent that we are actually more fearful of our inner strength and power than we are of our current predicament and challenges.
The Path to Awakening
“That is the real spiritual awakening, when something emerges from within you that is deeper than who you thought you were. So, the person is still there, but one could almost say that something more powerful shines through the person.”
Let’s review a few steps we can take in the awakening process.
- Assess and accept all strengths & weaknesses — this is the key to setting a strong foundation on which to build. A clear understanding that both our successes and failures were essential to bringing us to this point in time with increased strength and endurance. Any denial or resistance just weakens our foundation.
- Determine an exact Outcome or Destination — without knowing specifically what we want it becomes a crap shoot as to whether we will get what we desire. Clarity is the key.
- Develop an initial Plan of Action — “initial” means that it is most likely going to change along the way as new information is gathered and we more clearly see the path to our objective. This is an information-gathering and learning process that not only gets us to our goal but even more importantly develops our character and strength.
- Take the First Step — regardless of how much we resist find a small enough step we are willing to take to break the inertia.
- Accept the Resistance — here we use any resistance to our advantage by recognizing our feelings and thoughts that highlight the beliefs behind those thoughts and feelings. Once exposed they will either naturally dissipate or we can consciously replace them with the truth by identifying the lie.
- Continue One Step at a Time — we continue to move forward one step at a time making whatever adjustments are needed to overcome any challenges or roadblocks.
- Riding the Wave — once we reach the “momentum phase” there is a “snowball effect” that occurs that will carry us the rest of the way. We have already done all the heavy lifting and we now can “ride the wave” to our goal and enjoy the ride.
- Celebrate the Journey — once we arrive at our objective it’s important to take time to enjoy our accomplishments and also to look back and see how far we have come and how all the roadblocks we encountered and overcome have tremendously strengthened our resolve and made us a much more capable and efficient person.
- Wait for our next set of Marching Orders — there will always be more journeys, goals, and ways to share our accomplishments with others by giving them a helping hand.
“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.”
When we have spent so much time learning what we don’t want, it only makes sense to realize it will take a bit of time to unlearn this stuff and clean things up. This is a “process” of undoing rather than doing anything.
Also, this is a process that we will continue to use rather than arrive at a final destination where we have achieved a state of completion or nirvana. We are always expanding, growing, and learning more.
With a clean slate and open mind, we welcome the diversity and uncertainty of living life to its fullest. At this point, we are truly alive.
To learn how to think is truly learning to live life on life’s terms where we are merely meeting the conditions that lead to joy, peace, and happiness. It is in our power of decision that we guide our lives and reach our destinies.
I encourage us all to let go of the baggage of limitation and open up to our innate abilities and guidance that lead to the fulfillment of our heartfelt desires. There is really nowhere to go and nothing to get as we have it all right here and right now.
We merely need to expand our awareness to recognize what we have and then follow our inspiration to share it with others. We truly are in this wonderful life experience together and as we share, the more we expand our knowledge and understanding.
In Peace & Love within the Light,